Today we looked at a learning problem that we have encountered with our students and shared it with our group. Group members contributed to solutions for each problem. My issue was ‘How to help students to become more self-motivated?’
- Have rewards - lunch pass? Free time?
- Tasks need to be completely engaging - hook kids in, explore passion??
- More self directed learning?
- Extension kids are privileged to be there and need to be reminded about this
- Show/share test and rubric scores and where they stand/ranking
- Show/share progress charts, check lists with parents
Problem: How to give enough scope to individualise learning, but also how to assess effectively?