- For the question: What is coding? - Most of the students responded by ticking the box that said coding is about writing a set of instructions for a computer to follow.
- 100% of the students agreed that students should be taught how to code.
- Most had used coding programmes such as code.org, code combat and Scratch before. Not many had used Khan Academy or other sites.
- Most were unsure if they had the skills to teach others how to code.
- Most have used a coding programme for 2 years or less.
- Most agreed that code.org was a good coding programme to use for students because it is a good site for beginners.
- Most agreed that learning how to code would help to improve their thinking skills.
Wednesday, 15 February 2017
Year 7 & 8 Coding Survey
Since the focus this year will be about learning how to use code to improve the students critical thinking skills, they were giving a survey to complete which was about coding. Although there are 18 students in the group, there were only 14 responses as some students were away. Here were some of the results from the survey.