Thursday 2 August 2018

Mind Lab Session 1 2018

Yesterday I went along to a class being run by Mind Lab at Pakuranga College. I am working towards a qualification called the Post Graduate Certificate in Applied Practice. Why did I sign up? Well I had seen the adverts and was interested, but I didn't actually sign up until I knew that someone else I knew had. I was interested to see what was on offer and I was keen to up-skill.

It's a 32 week course. The first 16 weeks involves attending classes for 4 hours, one afternoon, per week. The second half of the course still involves online learning and assessment workshops.

So far, so good. I've met a few interesting people and during the evening I had the chance to hear different teaching experiences from a range of teachers from different backgrounds. Our facilitator Danielle was fantastic and I enjoyed the class even though it had been a long day. I'm looking forward to next weeks session, even though I did wonder what I was thinking when I signed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment