Monday 17 May 2021

Inquiry Update

 It's been two weeks since the start of the term where we decided to cross group for reading. The first week was really about finding out where all the students were at in terms of reading in their new groups. 

I have 6 reading groups (31 students) whose reading levels range from Red/Yellow level reading books to Purple/Gold readers. I see at least 3 reading groups once a day, so each reading group sees me for guided reading at least twice a week. So far my bottom three reading groups have started to take their reading books and spelling notebooks home. 

What has worked well so far?

* Consistently being able to have all students reading with me at least twice a week. 

* Students being engaged and focused on their reading during guided reading with me. 

* Testing spelling words on a Friday. 

What is not working too well so far?

* Monitoring what students are doing when they are not reading with me. 

* Getting the reading/writing tumble up and running properly with the new groups. 

* Lack of consistency with the Vocab Building activities across the groups.

Next steps: Look at resolving the issues above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment